Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Atlanta by Night: The Scale Dress

So originally I had not planned to make anything new for Atlanta by Night.  Partly because I hadn't really been inspired, partly because of saving money and partly because I've made so many wonderful things that I want to wear again.

Well, lovely people, as you can imagine I wouldn't be writing this post if I hadn't changed my mind.  The dress that I will be making will be inspired by one of the gowns worn by Dame Vaako in The Chronicles of Riddick.  It's all Vic's fault.  Apparently it was on AMC today and he told me that Anat needed her gold dress.  I looked up pictures and immediately concluded that he was right.

Damnit.

Luckily the dresses construction should be fairly simple.  The design is exactly like the lace dress, but with different fabric.  I'd love to do the spine plates but I'm not sure what I would make them out of.  I may try to come up with something that will have a similar effect.  Anyway...pictures of the dress.

 I've uploaded this picture because you can see the back of the dress (the middle one) fairly well.  Now I just need to figure out exactly how I want to accomplish this look.
 The full dress.  I'll have to find some neat jewelry to go with it as well.  Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment