Sunday, August 26, 2012

Atlanta by Night: The Scale Dress (Fabric)

The other day Vic and I were shopping for fabric so that I can make him a red cassock for AbN.  I didn't really have the money to get the fabric for my scale dress but I figured that since we were there I might as well take a look up and down the aisles to at least get an idea of what I might be able to use to create the look I wanted for the dress.  Little did I know that I was about to encounter my soul-mate of fabrics.  I had seen a couple of gold silks that were lovely but as I rounded the corner of the third or fourth row I came face to face with the most glorious fabric I could ever imagine.  It was perfect.  Gold and bronze and snake-scaled.  I was in love.  I knew that my AbN dress had to be made from this fabric and there was no way it could be any different.  So I looked at the price (30% off of 12.99/yd) and began to think of the quickest way to get this amazing fabric in my life.  Vic offered to split half the cost with me as part of my birthday present and I was confident that I could come up with the other half with no problem.  Success...sort of. 

Well...

Friday I came home to a birthday surprise.  5 yards of the very same fabric I coveted.  Best. birthday. present. EVAR!

How amazing is this fabric!!!!

Four exclamation points.  That's how amazing.


1 comment:

  1. How perfect is that! That will make an absolutely gorgeous dress. Yay for awesome birthday presents!

    ReplyDelete