Tuesday, July 3, 2012

College!

My group of friends always dressed up on Halloween.  We also instituted Corset Mondays.

This was from my first Halloween at LSU?  I'm fairly certain.  The corset was the very first one I ever bought (also from www.crimsongypsy.com).  It's not too much of a costume piece, but I made the tattered skirt so that I could be an Amy Brown style fairy.  I do have wings but they are very hard to see in this picture.  My sister (who is also crafty) made them out of silver and copper wiring.  They were very light and actually tucked into the back of the corset so that it looked like they were actually coming out of the back.  She's a genius she is!  You might can make them out if you click on the picture.

Zombie prom!  This is also something that occurred while I was in college.  Though it was at a club not on campus.  I didn't make the dress, it's actually from Goodwill, but I did destroy it.  We had a great time tearing and bloodying them up.  The blood around the rips was actually red nail polish which worked perfectly.  We also dragged them behind us as we walked to the car, letting the concrete fray them.  When we got to grassy patches we ground them into the dirt.

Another shot of the zombie clothes.  My sister (I'm telling you she's brilliant) did the bite/bruise makeup for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment