Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bellydance

Gaming isn't my only hobby; I also bellydance.  I've been dancing on and off since I started college so I'm going on 6 years at this point.  Recently though I began dancing with a troupe in Auburn and have made some costume pieces for such a purpose.

These were taken at the first performance by my dance instructor and troupe leader Seraphina.  She's a wonderful dancer.  You can find her at http://www.facebook.com/OtakuBellydance.

I did not make the pants.  They were yoga pants that I just split up the side.  The base of the bra is just a black bra from Ross.  I added a black beaded trim with silver embroidery.  The coins are actually from a pair of necklaces I bought some time ago.  All the members had a color.  Mind was peacock blue so I made stripes from a deep blue braid.  I studded it with colored seed beads as well as some silver beads.  Just call it my version of sequence.  The center piece and drape chains are from Hobby Lobby.  Behold my mad hand sewing skills!

I also made the belt.  It's rather simple in it's construction design.  It's also a black base with coins that match the one on the bra as well as heavy middle-eastern coins.  They are sewn over a lighter blue ruffly trim and interspersed with seed beads.  There is a large Kuchi pendant in the middle of the back and it ties in the front through two silver loops.

This picture is from our second performance.  I added yarn falls to the belt and I wore a mesh undershirt.  I was performing a gothic tribal fusion piece.  More on the hair things in another post!  This picture was taken by Layna.

No comments:

Post a Comment