Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Snow Queen: Final

So it seems that the fates conspired against me for the Longest Night's Ball.  I didn't get a chance to finish my dress and when it finally came time to go to the game I was so worn out with everything we had done during the weekend that I was sick.  I still wanted to go but needless to say my make-up suffered for it...suffered in that I didn't do anything extensive.  That being said I still think the look was successful overall.

Photo by JMN
I always have enjoyed wearing this dress because it's sort of gravity defying.  The fabric is also gorgeous.  It's not the best craftsmanship since it was one of the earliest things I ever made.  It was an old 80s prom dress that I retooled to wear for my very first character.  While Anat does not have black hair she does sometimes wear a wig, especially if she is dressed in more traditional Egyptian style, I thought it more fitting for the outfit since the dress is darker than I had originally planned.

To answer your question, yes I was taped into the dress.









Photo by JMN
I look a little grumpy in this photo but I was starting to get chills and body aches.  Also I was listening to an exceptionally silly conversation.

I used two Sephora eye shadows for my cheeks.  One was a icy silver and the other was a dark navy blue, both had tons of glitter.  On my eyes I used Pompadour, Mermaid and Snow Queen all of which are discontinued Lime Crime colors.  On my lips is the gloriously red Glamour 101with Hard Candy's Prom Queen gloss over it.  It stayed on all night so I was super happy!

Still, overall a little disappointing for my first venture into blogging the process.  Especially after the success of the costumes I made for Grande Masquerade.  I'll just have to get some photos done in them so that I can post them here.  Hopefully my next endeavor won't have as many speed bumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment