Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Snow Queen: A Darker Twist

I was working on my dress the other night, trying desperately to get it ready, and it just didn't come together like I wanted.  I didn't look bad but it didn't look finished either.  I was very upset because I had this vision in my head of how I wanted things to be and it wasn't turning out like I had hoped.  I didn't have the time to figure out how I could make it look like I wanted either. 

It was very disappointing.  Fire was still an option; I have five or six red dresses that would work for the occasion.  I have all the makeup I would need to make a fiery red look.  Still, I was really looking forward to doing an ice costume.  Briefly I thought about a dress that I had made for my changeling character when I first started playing.  It was this pale pool blue and would have been a great substitute but ever since we moved I haven't been able to find it.

I moped around the apartment.  I chose the red dress I was going to wear, and the shoes.  I packed all the appropriate makeup.  It still didn't keep me from feeling sad.  I knew it would look nice but that wasn't the point.  So in a slightly less-happy state I went to bed.  The next morning I told my fiancee that I had to fall back on plan B, but he could see that I was upset.  Suddenly he remembered a dress I had made when I first started playing.  It was dark blue and black and very very daring (it requires tape). 

I had totally forgotten it even existed.  I was very excited.  While I was really looking forward to the dress the thing I was looking forward to most was the over all look.  Because it is such a darkly colored dress I have decided to take a darker approach to this wintery theme.  Much like the look Emilie Simon has in her video for Fleur de Saison.  I plan to wear my long black wig and probably do red lips for a Snow White feel.  Thank goodness for Glamour 101!

Pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment