Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Courtesan: Part 2

Sometimes projects go unfinished or changes are never made.  When I posted pictures of the finished courtesan gown I remarked on a few things that I would adjust for the next time I wore it.  I decided to wear this dress again for a different event and I actually made the alterations that I posited.  Here are pictures of the gown in its current incarnation.

Photographer: Marie Arledge






















One of the first changes I made was to take some of the fullness out of the skirt.  I feel like it hangs much better now than it did originally.  The fullness of the original dress made it a little poofy rather than letting in hang long which was the look I was going for.

The decision to add chains across the back was purely aesthetic.  I was happy with how the back of the dress turned out originally but I feel like the chains just add a little something. 



Now it seems that the only problem I have is that the dress is too big!  This isn't necessarily a bad problem but it means I either have to make more alterations to it or retire it.

No comments:

Post a Comment