Friday, April 27, 2012

Courtesan Gown: Pictures

So I'm lame.  I've had pictures of me in the courtesan dress for some time now and I'm just getting around to putting them up.  These were just taken around the event and not necessarily made to showcase the dress.  There are no good pictures of the back.

What you can't see in this picture is how awesome my nails turned out!  They were black with a gold snakeskin pattern and they really looked great.  The only jewelry I wore was a snake ring (I think) and these bronze snake earrings.  This picture is good for the shoulder and sleeve details.
<< Here you can sort of see the back.  It was a nice deep V.  I really like this picture I just wish I wasn't holding a glass of water.

This is cropped from a bigger picture so I'm sorry>> for the resolution.  I also have no idea what I'm doing.  Perhaps trying to sit on the table?










Final Thoughts:
Overall I was really pleased with how the dress turned out.  It was also a big hit at the convention.  I would love to wear it again but I think I'll make a few changes first.

1. I want to take some of the fullness out of the skirt.  I think it would make it fall better and make it a little slinkier.

2. I'm thinking of adding gold drape chains across the back of the dress.  This would look really nice I think and it would also help the dress stay in place.  Perhaps I'll do this for Eclipse.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this dress. I think the gold chains would be pretty - add a little sparkle - and I see what you mean about taking some of the fullness out, but I really loved this in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it as well. It turned out far better than I could have hoped and it was a rather smooth process.

      The other idea that Vic had was to do a chain across the shoulders then have just one hang down the length of the back with an ankh or somesuch at the end.

      Delete